Volunteer at YouthCare
Volunteers Demonstrate that this Community Cares
Volunteers are critical to us continuing our mission. They support everything YouthCare does, whether volunteering directly with youth or helping behind-the-scenes to ensure that young people have the environment and resources they need.
Please click on the relevant type of volunteering you are looking for below: "Individual Opportunities" vs. "Group Opportunities."
We value hard work, dedication to helping homeless youth move from survival mode into thriving and healthy young adulthood. We also value a sense of humor and respect of each other and the youth we serve. YouthCare serves young people of many racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and religious beliefs, and we seek a volunteer base that reflects that diversity.
One person's time and skills can provide significant support in getting homeless youth off the streets and preparing for life. Click here to learn more about volunteering as an individual!
Families, friends, neighbors, colleagues, church groups — even book clubs or birthday parties — have all joined together to lend a hand. It's a great bonding experience and a huge help to YouthCare and the homeless youth we serve. Click here to learn about what is possible for your volunteer group!
Interested in volunteering year-round?
Here's what we typically seek in a volunteer:
- Willing to support our community's homeless youth
- 21+ years old for individual opportunities OR 18+ years old for group opportunities
- Able to commit to the allotted time commitment, typically 6 months consecutively
- Able to pass a national background check: see the background check policy here
Other Ways to Help:
- Get Connected!
- Host a benefit event for YouthCare
- Attend upcoming events that benefit YouthCare
- Host a Drive
- Invite us to speak at a work gathering or religious service.
- Donate Today
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or requests. Thank you for your interest in helping our community's homeless young people!