Volunteer at YouthCare
Volunteers Demonstrate that this Community Cares
Volunteers are also critical to us continuing our mission. They support everything YouthCare does, whether working directly with youth or helping to ensure that these young people have the environment and resources they need.
- Individual Opportunities: One person's time and skills can provide significant support in getting homeless youth off the streets and preparing for life.
- Group Opportunities: Families, friends, neighbors, colleagues, church groups — even book clubs or birthday parties — have all joined together to lend a hand. It's a great bonding experience and a huge help to YouthCare and the homeless youth we serve.
Interested in volunteering? Here's what we typically look for in a volunteer:
- Willing to support our community's homeless youth
- 21+ years old for individual opportunities OR 16+ years old for group opportunities
- Able to commit to the allotted time commitment, typically 6 months consecutively
- Able to pass a national background check. Check out our background check policy here.
Happy Holidays! We appreciate you thinking of our community's homeless youth during this cold, wet season. Thanks to the generosity of our community during the holiday season, we are fully covered by volunteer help for the month of December. If you would like to do something for the holidays, please consider donating holiday wishes of young people in our services. If you are looking for a volunteer opportunity at YouthCare, we encourage you to bring a group of friends to cook & serve a meal in January or attend the January Information Session!